Posts tagged Thomas Woods
Tom Woods, New York Times bestselling author of 11 books and a senior fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, makes a virtual visit to the studio of Next News Network for an interview with Gary Franchi. Tom covers various topics including nullification, state rights, mainstream media spin and news suppression, and the need for alternative news sources, such as the Next News Network.
See all the interviews, guests and share the information here at the Next News Network with your friends and social network connections. Follow the link on the main N3 (NextNewsNetwork) site to donate to support the efforts of freedom in journalism and reports such as this.
Get Educated by Tom Woods at http://LibertyClassroom.org
Next News Network’s WHDT World News Program airs daily at 6pm and 11pm Eastern on Comcast, DirecTV and Over-the-Air and Online at http://usmediavault.com/WHDT.html
WHDT World News is available to 6 million viewers from South Beach to Sebastian, Florida and to 2 million viewers in Boston, Massachusetts via WHDN.
WHDT broadcasts on RF channel 44 (virtual channel 9) from Palm City and is carried on cable TV channels 44 (SD) and 1044 (HD) by AT&T, on cable channels 17 (SD) and 438 (HD) in West Palm Beach by Comcast, on satellite channel 44 (SD) in West Palm Beach by DIRECTV, and on WHDN-Boston which broadcasts on RF channel 38 (virtual channel 6) from the Government Center district in downtown Boston.
More about WHDT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHDT
Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/NextNewsNet
Follow us on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/NextNewsNet
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel:
How to Do Battle Against Propaganda
Be armed with knowledge. Check out my new site, Liberty Classroom, the product of much effort. Yesterday the traffic overwhelmed the server, but today we’re on super strength. As a personal favor to me, please check it out. You will be very impressed at what we’re doing there. And please help me spread the word!
Best selling author Thomas Woods was Monday’s keynote speaker and addressed the sheriffs and their guests at the evening’s banquet, delivering a sweeping and humorous history of nullification by the states, and how it comports with the sheriffs’ efforts to nullify federal and state tyranny. “And suddenly people are peering into the long neglected Thomas Jefferson toolkit. And they’re looking for things that might work. Now some of these things, like nullification, I have to warn you, are not approved by the New York Times. And, in fact, what I tell you tonight does not fall inside that box that all good Americans are supposed to confine themselves to. We’re supposed to be in that box. You all know it. It goes from Joe Biden to Mitt Romney. You’re allowed to be somewhere in there. But, if you stray a little bit over here citizen, be careful, be careful – you’re not respectable. Well my view is, is that it’s our job as good and decent Americans to crush that box into the ground and then set it on fire.” On January 30-31, 2012 over 100 county sheriffs and peace officers, from over 30 states, united to uphold their oaths of office, protect citizen liberty, and stop state and federal tyranny. Inspired and led by the example of former Graham County Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack, the meeting, which was held in Las Vegas, was funded by the generous donations of thousands of Americans from all fifty states, as well as the support of freedom loving sponsors. The agenda included training on the Bill of Rights, Interposition, Nullification and the importance of Property Rights versus Privileges. Many sheriffs, a police chief and even a county commissioner shared their experiences, challenges and actions taken to uphold their oaths of office, directly with the sheriffs in attendance. The videos of these presentations are shared here on the County Sheriff Project YouTube channel. We hope that you will share these videos with your own county sheriff and all the oath takers in your county. To read the meeting agenda, see the event sponsors, learn more and show your own support for helping back more constitutional county sheriffs, visit http://www.CountySheriffProject.org Think outside the gun!
Tom Woods Speech at Ron Paul NH Boots on the Ground Party
Now more than every we need the Champion of the Constitution!
Please visit Ron Paul’s official campaign site by following the link below and donate today!
[CIM Comment: Now more than every we need the Champion of the Constitution!]
Please visit Ron Paul’s official campaign site and donate today!
My Appeal to GOP Primary Voters
by Tom Woods, TomWoods.com
Revolution PAC is sponsoring a SuperVoter Bomb, sending out literature packets to up to 200,000 “super voters” (people who voted in both the 2008 and 2010 Republican primaries) in Iowa and New Hampshire. The packets include the now-legendary Ron Paul Super Brochure and a copy of the fantastic (re-cut) For Liberty documentary DVD on the 2008 Ron Paul campaign, a DVD that has changed many minds.
Please check out the SuperVoter Bomb site, where you can read the Super Brochure and find out about the great For Liberty DVD, and help us send this important material!
The rest of this post is the text of the cover letter that will accompany the mailing. The top of the page will read, “From the desk of New York Times bestselling author Thomas E. Woods.”
Tom Woods offers suggestions regarding presidential debates in which Ron Paul is allowed much less speaking time than his poll numbers seem to demand.
Please visit Ron Paul’s official campaign site and donate today!
- Robert Reich, former Secretary of Labor under Billy Clinton, January 7, 1999, of USA Today: “The dirty little secret is that both houses of Congress are irrelevant.” Reich cut to the chase when he said that “America’s domestic policy is now being run by Alan Greenspan and the Federal Reserve and America’s foreign policy is now being run by the International Monetary Fund [IMF].” And, “…when the president decides to go to war, he no longer needs a declaration of war from Congress.” At the time of Bush’s invasion of Iraq, CFR point dog in the House, (now deceased) Rep. Henry Hyde, [R-Il] stated that “declaring war is anachronistic, it isn’t done anymore…” During the same time period, darling of the deaf, dumb and blind “liberals,” (now deceased) Ranking Minority Member Tom Lantos, [D-Ca] called the declaration of war “frivolous and mischievous.”
- Much attention has rightly been directed towards the actions taken by the usurper and the bombing of Libya. The putative president stepped in it good this time with calls for his impeachment. Of course, you cannot, I repeat: You cannot impeach a usurper. Should it ever come to that in the House of Representatives, it would set a horrible, dangerous precedent. 
- Nationally syndicated talked show host, Mark Levin, has taken the position “that the President can bring the United States government to war without the permission of Congress, adding that Congress’ power over the purse was a sufficient check to presidential war-making.”  Levin has attacked best selling author on nullification, Thomas E. Woods, for his stand on this issue, The Phony Arguments for Presidential War Powers: “The War Powers Resolution of 1973 gives the president the power to commit troops anywhere he likes for 90 days. Which is why it’s manifestly unconstitutional.”
- I hope you will take the time to read Woods’ column because it will give you a different view of the War Powers Act of 1973 and those who believe it gives Obama/Soetoro’s legal authority to bomb a non threatening country. Like the king of gas bags, Bill O’Reilly, who stated on his show the other night that “we have to provide humanitarian aid to Libya.” Bill O’Reilly has zero understanding of the U.S. Constitution as there is nothing in Art. 1, Sec. 8 that authorizes the Outlaw Congress to steal the fruits of your labor to give to ANY country on this earth for any reason whether it be military, humanitarian or to prop up dictators until they’re no longer needed. Not to mention that pesky little $202 TRILLION in debt for unfunded mandates staring us in the face. Every borrowed “dollar” for that illegal “mission” is more debt slapped on our backs, our children and grand children.
- Bill Clinton used the communist United Nothing [UN] as justification for his actions. “1993-99: President Clinton utilized United States armed forces in various operations, such as air strikes and the deployment of peacekeeping forces, in the former Yugoslavia, especially Bosnia and Kosovo.” The Red in the White House does what he’s told and has followed orders using the UN for his illegal bombing in Libya.
- [By the way and to cut down on confusion: Many columns have come out using War Powers Act of 1973. Public Law 93-148, 87 Stat. 555 is actually titled War Powers Resolution.]
- There is an internal link in that column cited above that also should be read: The War Powers Resolution Fraud. Those who believe the War Powers Act of 1973 somehow would curtail a sitting president from going off the deep end, it does not:
Tom Woods: “Ultimately, when the mass of the public says — we’re not going to be treated like this anymore –…