Posts tagged standard
Ron Paul’s stance on sound money and the gold standard is resonating more and more among Americans. In a recent interview with Fox Business, State Rep. Jerry O’Neil, (R-Mont.), explains why he wants the state legislature to pay him in gold coins.
Ron Paul will speak to a live national audience via coverage from C-SPAN on Sunday, Aug 26th at 3pm ET from the University of South Florida’s 17,000 seat Sun Dome. The event is themed as a constitutional conservative and libertarian friendly alternative to the official GOP convention. Ron Paul, himself, is calling it “the speech the RNC doesn’t want the rest of America to hear.”
The event is titled, “We are the Future,” and will feature numerous speakers including Doug Wead, Congressman Justin Amash, Barry Goldwater, Jr., Jack Hunter, SC State Senator Tom Davis and Senator Rand Paul with musical performances by Jimmie Vaughan, Aimee Allen, Jordan Page, and John Popper of Blues Traveler (with Ron Noyes).
The Romney campaign and GOP establishment have yet to invite Ron Paul to speak at the official GOP convention. However, they have found it politically convenient to adopt much of his message. Just last week, Romney pledged to support an audit of the Federal Reserve and the GOP is expected to adopt the audit as a plank in its platform along with a version of Campaign for Liberty’s Internet Freedom initiative. The party platform is also widely expected to call for a commission to investigate the gold standard.
Another grassroots and Paul-themed event is happening throughout the weekend, P.A.U.L. Festival. Speakers include Tom Woods, Lew Rockwell, Gary Johnson and Walter Block among other.
You can follow all of these events by following iroots.org’s Tampa Live Blog.
Published on Jun 14, 2012 by tmotofga
This video was produced by Liberution. Please thank him as do I.
Here are some really interesting Dr. Ron Paul facts about his life and career…
Facts about Dr. Ron Pauls Personal Life…
- He was the 220 yard dash state champion at Dormont High School.
- He received a B.S. degree in biology from Gettysburg College in 1957.
- He earned a Doctor Of Medicine degree from Duke University of Medicine in 1961.
- He was a Captain in the U.S. Air Force and served as a flight surgeon from 1963 to 1965 in Viet Nam and then served in the U.S. National Guard from 1965 to 1968.
- He started his own practice as an OBGYN in 1968 and delivered over 4000 babies in his career as a doctor.
- Instead of accepting Medicaid or Medicare payments for his poor patients, Dr. Paul lowered his fees or offered his services for free.
- He has been married to the same woman for 54 years.
- He has 5 children, 18 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren.
- At 76, and schedule permitting, Ron Paul starts each day with a 3 to 4 mile walk and finishes with a 10 to 15 mile bike ride.
- Ron Paul is the only Congressman to have ever hit a home run in Congressional Baseball Games…and it was an out of the park home run!
- He became politically active the day Richard Nixon took the USD off the Gold Standard.
- He has NEVER voted to raise taxes.
- He has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has NEVER voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has NEVER taken a government-paid junket.
- He has NEVER voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted AGAINST the Patriot Act.
- He voted AGAINST regulating the Internet.
- He voted AGAINST the Iraq war.
- He has NEVER voted for any legislation that would limit your freedom to eat the food you choose or take whatever vitamin supplement you choose.
- He DOES NOT participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. Treasury every year.