Posts tagged Richard Nixon
Here are some really interesting Dr. Ron Paul facts about his life and career…
Facts about Dr. Ron Pauls Personal Life…
- He was the 220 yard dash state champion at Dormont High School.
- He received a B.S. degree in biology from Gettysburg College in 1957.
- He earned a Doctor Of Medicine degree from Duke University of Medicine in 1961.
- He was a Captain in the U.S. Air Force and served as a flight surgeon from 1963 to 1965 in Viet Nam and then served in the U.S. National Guard from 1965 to 1968.
- He started his own practice as an OBGYN in 1968 and delivered over 4000 babies in his career as a doctor.
- Instead of accepting Medicaid or Medicare payments for his poor patients, Dr. Paul lowered his fees or offered his services for free.
- He has been married to the same woman for 54 years.
- He has 5 children, 18 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren.
- At 76, and schedule permitting, Ron Paul starts each day with a 3 to 4 mile walk and finishes with a 10 to 15 mile bike ride.
- Ron Paul is the only Congressman to have ever hit a home run in Congressional Baseball Games…and it was an out of the park home run!
Facts about Dr. Ron Pauls Political Life…
- He became politically active the day Richard Nixon took the USD off the Gold Standard.
- He has NEVER voted to raise taxes.
- He has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has NEVER voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has NEVER taken a government-paid junket.
- He has NEVER voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted AGAINST the Patriot Act.
- He voted AGAINST regulating the Internet.
- He voted AGAINST the Iraq war.
- He has NEVER voted for any legislation that would limit your freedom to eat the food you choose or take whatever vitamin supplement you choose.
- He DOES NOT participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. Treasury every year.