Posts tagged educate
http://NextNewsNetwork.com | Now is the time. Join the maiden broadcast on Dec 22.
Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/NextNewsNet
Follow us on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/NextNewsNet
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel:
This is the now-famous video that was censored by YouTube. It shows Whole Foods employees LYING about the GMOs being sold by the store.
Fact: Whole Foods is a massive retailer for Monsanto’s GM corn, which is found in all sorts of products on the shelves at Whole Foods. This is the same strain of genetically engineered corn that French researchers recently linked to massive cancer tumors in rats.
As of this writing, Whole Foods has offered ZERO support for Proposition 37 and has made NO effort to require GMO labeling for the products it sells.
SHARE this video. Spread the truth about Whole Foods and GMOs.
Read the full story at:
By Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
GMO labeling victory! Measure accepted onto California ballot; now the real battle begins
(NaturalNews) In this breaking news for the food-conscious community, the California Secretary of State has just announced that the GMO labeling ballot measure has met and exceeded the requirements to be placed on the November ballot. (http://www.sos.ca.gov/admin/press-releases/2012/db12-068.pdf) and (http://www.labelgmos.org/we_made_it_on_the_ballot)This measure, which has been strongly pushed by the Organic Consumers Association, the Institute for Responsible Technology, and a large number of dedicated volunteers and donors, would require genetically engineered ingredients to be indicated on food labels. This is an honest labeling issue that would allow consumers to make informed decisions about what they choose to purchase and consume.
504,760 signatures were needed to qualify for the November ballot, and the GMO labeling signature effort has greatly exceeded this number. Tremendous thanks are due to all those who fought for this honest labeling initiative. NaturalNews has consistently covered this issue from day one, and has helped drive significant awareness and funds to this GMO labeling effort.
A passage of this initiative could spell the end of GMOs in America, as food producers already know that if given a choice, 90+ percent of consumers would choose to avoid genetically engineered food. For this reason, food producers would be forced to switch to non-GMO sources for their food ingredients. This, in turn, would see a near collapse of GM seeds being planted in fields across America.
The disinfo war begins
Of course, Monsanto, DuPont, Big Agriculture and the food industry don’t want consumers to know what’s in their food. They profit when consumers are kept in the dark, and they will spend tens of millions of dollars to spread disinformation about this initiative in order to influence California voters to vote it down.
Thus, the next great battle begins: The battle for voting YES on the ballot measure. Expect NaturalNews and all the same allies who advocated the ballot measure to now shift gears and start educating voters to support the ballot measure.
I believe it is up to all of us to try and take a stand and even educate people about the NDAA bill passed by the Federal Government and signed into law by Obama on New Years Eve 2011.
Today, February 23, 2012, I was in a Five Guys Restaurant in Knoxville Tn. A K-9 police officer walked in, dressed in full gear. After he ordered and was waiting for his food, I decided to approach him and ask him what he thought of the NDAA bill?
I approached him and said “May I please ask you a question? In fact I have been wanting to interview Policemen about this subject, though I don’t have a camera with me right now.” He looked me and said “Yes, you may ask me a question.” He was very guarded in saying “Yes” and I could tell he was not sure he wanted to hear what the question was.
So I asked “How do you like the fact that Congress and the Senate passed the NDAA bill that gives the military personnel the right to police our streets by arresting U.S. citizens and holding them without rights to a lawyer, trial for the rest of their lives?” He gave me a blank stare and said “What?” I repeated the NDAA bill.
He said he had never heard of it and did not know anything about it. He took out a note pad from his pocket and he wrote down NDAA. I told him “Look it up. What I am telling you is the Federal Government gave the military the right to police our streets and take U.S. citizens and hold them without rights.” I continued and said “You do realize, we the citizens are going to end up needing you on our side and protecting us, don’t you?”
As soon as I finished saying that to him, he looked up and said “There are military personnel walking in right now, why don’t you go and ask them about it.” I turned around to see a group of Army personnel walking in.
I turned back to the policeman and said “Why don’t you ask them about it and see what they say and see that I am telling you the truth. I am trying to get the State government of Tennessee to pass a bill that will nullify unconstitutional federal laws.”
I thanked him for his time and went back to sit down where I was eating.
I waited until the military personnel finished ordering and were standing around waiting for their food. I then approached them.
A group of three of them were by the drinks, so I walked over and said “May I ask you guys about the NDAA bill and what you are going to do, if you are told you have to enact it?”
The three personnel gave me a blank stare, just as the policeman did. They said “What are you talking about?”
I then said “The NDAA bill that says, you guys can police our streets and arrest U.S. citizens out of their homes and on the streets for being “belligerent” against the government and hold them for the rest of their lives without rights to a trial, lawyer or anything.”
One guy said immediately “We will Never do that, we are sworn to protect U.S. citizens not harm them!”
Another guy said “I have never heard of this and our Brass has never mentioned this to any of us.”
I then educated them about it. They asked when it passed and I told them in December.
They said they will look up the information, but they will also uphold their vows to protect the citizens of the United States.
One said “No one has ever been arrested for ‘Freedom of Speech’ in this country.” I looked at him and said “Are you kidding me? Have you not seen people arrested in the Occupy movement in New York and Oakland?” He said “They were on private property.” I replied “Oh no they were not. Please look up the information.”
I added “Since people can get arrested by you for being “belligerent” against the government, I might as well give you my address right now.” He laughed and said he would look up the NDAA bill information.
So….. What I did today was educate both a policeman and 7 military personnel about NDAA, where none of them had a clue or had heard about it before.
My point in all of this?
I believe all of us should approach our police and our military when we see them in public and ask them “What are you going to do if NDAA starts to take affect?”
Educate the police and the military about what the Federal CONgress and Sen ASS tors and Obama did by passing and signing the NDAA.
My educating these few will hopefully translate to many more being educated through them. They were going to look up the information. This way the word spreads within about it!
I will continue to keep doing what I did today. I will approach the Police and the Military when I see them and ask them “What will YOU do?”
by Laura Trice
Contrary to the false propaganda proclaiming that Dr. Ron Paul is “not electable”, his numbers are rising, his support growing and he stands an excellent chance of winning both the GOP nomination and the 2012 presidential race.
Dr. Paul’s opponents are desperate to stop Americans from listening to, and subsequently electing Ron Paul. Opponents of liberty falsely present Ron Paul as “unelectable” to the American people, attempting to plant subconscious seeds doubt of “don’t listen to him, don’t vote for him in the primaries or caucuses because he’ll never win”. This strategy is failing as more Americans hear Dr. Paul speak, leading them to contribute to his campaign and vote for him. The American public understands Dr. Paul’s common sense approach and trusts him. The other candidates are clearly in the race to serve their egos and personal agendas. The “Dr. Paul is not electable” rumors are deliberately created and spread solely as a calculated attempt to confuse honest, hard-working American with falsehoods such as “Ron Paul is crazy, anti-women, anti-Israel and anti-blacks. He’s isolationist, he’ll wreck the country, he’s anti-government”. These are simple “control the masses” fear tactics to try and stop Americans from actually listening to Dr. Paul, hearing his logical and intelligent plan and deciding for themselves.
Dr. Paul went from third in Iowa, to second in New Hampshire and may win South Carolina. The new video about Romney’s career, King of Bain, depicts Romney as a deceptive and greedy man with Wall Street connections who made his money destroying viable companies. The film portrays as Romney unnecessarily eliminating jobs of hard-working people while getting rich himself.
Romney is the unelectable candidate, not Dr. Paul.
6. Dr. Paul not an “isolationist”. He is a veteran who believes in only going to war when it has been formally declared per the U.S. Constitution. “We shouldn’t have so many injured and in our hospitals because we shouldn’t go to war unless it’s declared. If it’s declared, we should go win it and get it over with.” If he were an isolationist, what reason would he be the candidate who gets the most donations from people in the military? Dr. Paul wants to withdraw from the United Nations, which would be the Constitutional thing to do. Thomas Jefferson, founding father and an author of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution stated, “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.” Regarding Israel, Dr. Paul said “Two of the tenets of a true Zionist are ‘self-determination’ and ‘self-reliance…We give $3 billion to Israel and $12 billion to her avowed enemies. How does that help Israel? And in return, we act like her master and demand veto power over her foreign policy.” Ron Paul states, “Any kind of racism or anti-Semitism is incompatible with my philosophy.” He is against foreign aid period. “I believe that federal foreign aid is absurd. We’re broke!… It is ridiculous for us to be borrowing money from China and giving it to Pakistan. I have described foreign aid as taking money from poor people in rich countries and giving it to rich people in poor countries. I know that many in other nations are hurting, but I also know that the American people are a generous people. While we should end the unconstitutional federal foreign aid program, I would encourage Americans to continue to voluntarily contribute to the needs of other nations.”
5. Dr. Ron Paul would run the U.S. budget like many of us responsibly handle our money at home: Spending less than we make and getting rid of dishonest or unnecessary waste.
4. Dr. Paul’s plans for the country make sense.
2. He is the only one who makes sense in the debates. If you watch the debates, he answers questions directly and honestly. The link in this paragraph lists the upcoming debates. Many traditional Democrats might find themselves voting for Dr. Paul after watching him in a few debates.
1. Dr. Paul is the only person in the 2012 race for president who wants to serve the country. All the other candidates like the idea of the power, status, glory and success. Dr. Paul has humility and a humble approach that no other candidate has.
“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people… They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson