Here are some really interesting Dr. Ron Paul facts about his life and career…
Facts about Dr. Ron Pauls Personal Life…
- He was the 220 yard dash state champion at Dormont High School.
- He received a B.S. degree in biology from Gettysburg College in 1957.
- He earned a Doctor Of Medicine degree from Duke University of Medicine in 1961.
- He was a Captain in the U.S. Air Force and served as a flight surgeon from 1963 to 1965 in Viet Nam and then served in the U.S. National Guard from 1965 to 1968.
- He started his own practice as an OBGYN in 1968 and delivered over 4000 babies in his career as a doctor.
- Instead of accepting Medicaid or Medicare payments for his poor patients, Dr. Paul lowered his fees or offered his services for free.
- He has been married to the same woman for 54 years.
- He has 5 children, 18 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren.
- At 76, and schedule permitting, Ron Paul starts each day with a 3 to 4 mile walk and finishes with a 10 to 15 mile bike ride.
- Ron Paul is the only Congressman to have ever hit a home run in Congressional Baseball Games…and it was an out of the park home run!
- He became politically active the day Richard Nixon took the USD off the Gold Standard.
- He has NEVER voted to raise taxes.
- He has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has NEVER voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has NEVER taken a government-paid junket.
- He has NEVER voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted AGAINST the Patriot Act.
- He voted AGAINST regulating the Internet.
- He voted AGAINST the Iraq war.
- He has NEVER voted for any legislation that would limit your freedom to eat the food you choose or take whatever vitamin supplement you choose.
- He DOES NOT participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. Treasury every year.
Now more than every we need the Champion of the Constitution!
Please visit Ron Paul’s official campaign site by following the link below and donate today!